Post Stall man purviews.
I personally believe in the free software movement view that all ideas should be common knowledge, including but not limited to computer software. In these matters, I support Stallman. I believe that the modern socialist movement needs to incorporate Stallman’s views on free software as a part of its program. However, in contrast to Stallman, I also believe that “software freedom” will only be secure when private property in the means of production is abolished.
Until then, we should fight against proprietary software, which itself is only a part of the ever-growing attempt to keep secret expanding areas of human knowledge in the guise of “commercial secrets” or “national security” in order to enrich the capitalist owners of the “mega-corporations.” This, in my opinion, is itself only a part of the much broader struggle to win the “battle for democracy,” which can only end, as the “Communist Manifesto” put it, with the conquest of political power by the working class.
No comments:
Post a Comment