Back in 2011, applying to Y Combinator was relatively straightforward. I met some YC alumni in San Francisco, talked with them about their startups and mine, submitted an application, and then, once I got an interview scheduled, I met with the Y Combinator founders to get their advice on how I should pitch the project. We had the standard ten‑minute YC interview, everything went well, and as a result we were accepted into the program.
I really liked Y Combinator. The founders there came from very different companies, with different backgrounds and motivations, but we shared a few common interests: building products people would love, and building a company that would keep improving those products. I became close friends with some of the other founders in the batch and learned a lot from talking with them. Sometimes I helped a few of them with security and infrastructure issues, so the relationships were mutually beneficial.
https://hackmag.com/security/ryan-lackey-interview
No comments:
Post a Comment