Sunday, October 11, 2026

A disgrace to science

History as process without a subgect - in Marxism, the “essence” which is revealed by social practice is the dialectical unfolding of the thing through successively deeper and deeper meanings

It is possible that I could disgrace myself. But there's always a bit of Dialectic to help out. I have naturally expressed my statements so that I am also right if the opposite thing happens.


(No other English translation available online)

The German

Marx an Engels, 15. August 1857

"Es ist möglich, daß ich mich blamiere. Indes ist dann immer mit einiger Dialektik zu helfen. Ich habe natürlich meine Aufstellungen so gehalten, daß ich im umgekehrten Fall auch Recht habe."

MEW a.a.O. 29, 161., Rotbuch S. 115

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get Carter

  Marxism as an ideology developed by a rising "managerial-technical" class that would replace the bourgeoisie as a new ruling cla...