Friday, September 18, 2026

One born every minute

 Page 214 Capital

claims that population will increase if there is a shortage of workers because wages rise so that people marry earlier and more children survive, and that it will also increase if there is a surplus of labour because nobody breeds like the poor

It is possible that I could disgrace myself. But there's always a bit of Dialectic to help out. I have naturally expressed my statements so that I am also right if the opposite thing happens.


The German

Marx an Engels, 15. August 1857

"Es ist möglich, daß ich mich blamiere. Indes ist dann immer mit einiger Dialektik zu helfen. Ich habe natürlich meine Aufstellungen so gehalten, daß ich im umgekehrten Fall auch Recht habe."

MEW a.a.O. 29, 161., Rotbuch S. 115

No comments:

Post a Comment

Steep rise in organic capital

 Good morning, readers! AI for Individual Rights newsletter #18 is out. This week, China's top civilian intelligence official warned tha...